- In literacy we worked with Whose Is This?, a text that teaches more about different cultures. We worked on identifying setting and characters, as well as using story details to better understand the text. This week we will be reading and working with a new text, titled L Is For Liberty.
- In writing this week we worked on a piece explaining what it means to be a good citizen. Everyone had great ideas! We are also finishing up our opinion pieces.
- In math we spent a lot of time working on Hansel and Gretel's path. This is number line math where the children practice counting by 10's, 5's, adding and subtracting double digits and using algebraic thinking to identify unknown numbers. We will continue to work on these skills this coming week as we learn and play a new math game.
- In science we did a shadow challenge outside, as well as experimenting with light and mirrors. We will learn more about Memorial Day in social studies this week.
- Thank you to Ruben's mom, Mrs. Pinsky for being our mystery reader this week!
- We loved the wonderful learning experiences the Indian Trail PTO sponsored for Disabilities Week. The children had the opportunity to try out several amazing wheelchairs, hear an inspiring presentation by a gold winning US Paralympic athlete and learn all about prosthetic limbs and service dogs.
- We also enjoyed greenhouse time on Friday! The children planted some seeds, tasted fresh lettuce and sorrel, which tastes like fresh lemon! Ask your child how they liked it!
- The ABC countdown continues to entertain! Nickname day was so much fun, we all wished it was a full day!