Here are a few highlights from the week:
- In literacy we have been working with two anchor texts over the last two weeks. One is about children from different cultures that share a classroom, and the other is a story about an Italian American family that celebrates their immigration to America every year. We have been working on determining the central message of a story, describing characters, settings and major events in a story using key details. We also compared and contrasted the characters in the texts. We will begin a new anchor text later this week.
- In writing the children continued working on their book reviews. Everyone chose one of the two anchor texts to write about. We are currently working on adding reasons to support our opinions.
- In math we learned a new game called Two Turns to Build, in which children practice adding with sums up to 100 using concrete models (craft sticks). We also worked on comparing two 2-digit numbers using <,> and =.
- In social studies we worked on our Mother's Day purses. Everyone worked so hard on their projects through the week and I got to hear so many wonderful things about the moms! So much love! We will be focusing on Light in science this coming week.
- We visited and explored in the green house on Friday. Everyone had a turn to plant an herb in one of the outdoor beds.
Have a fantastic week- hoping it is filled with warmer weather and sunshine!